Ayurveda is one of the most ancient techniques for treating illnesses. It is a different way of treating diseases. It is based on natural remedies instead of chemical-based medicines used by modern medical science. Ayurveda treats disease based on body types. The human body has three elements that decide and manage body function. These elements decide the body built, personality, and the body’s response to different types of sicknesses. The elements are called doshas in the ancient medical science of Ayurveda. Yoga is one of the methods to treat these doshas.
Ayurveda Its Method to Diagnose Three Body Types
The meaning of doshas
Dosha is a word that comes from Sanskrit, which means a ‘fault’ or ‘disease.’ These are the connection between the physical body and the energy which makes us live. Doshas are invisible, and the imbalance in them leads to different types of disorders.
As per Ayurvedic texts, there are three doshas – Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. Every person is born with a unique combination of doshas and genetic composition. In Ayurvedic medicine, it is believed that health is achieved by balancing the three doshas.
Composition of Doshas
Ayurveda explains the doshas as being made up of five elements, such as Ether (Space), Earth, Air, Fire, Water. The three doshas are Vata – associated with Ether (Space) and air elements, Pitta, which associated with fire and water elements and Kapha, which is associated with earth and water elements.
The doshas are inborn qualities and remain with us the whole life. Each of them has its own benefits and drawbacks. They affect not only our physical characteristics but also the emotional part of our life. Balancing of these doshas leads to a healthy body and mind.
Physical and Emotional Characters and Doshas
Vata Dosha has its own Physical and emotional characters.
- Less stamina
- Flexible and thin body with a lightweight
- Light muscular with low-fat
- Prone to irregularity in sleep pattern
- Problems of gas and constipation.
- Quick action taking tendency
- Very inclined to mood swings
- Creative and imaginative mind with thought clarity.
- The tendency to overexert in all conditions.
Pitta Dosha also has physical and emotional traits:
- Prone to baldness and premature greying of hair
- Medium built body with strong bones
- Soft and fair-skinned
- Have a slightly higher body temperature.
- The very strong digestive system
- Get angry easily and can’t absorb stress.
- Intellectual and hence can be rude.
- Spoken speech due to highly developed language abilities.
- Want everything in order and don’t like disorder.
- Love to be challenged
Kapha Dosha can also be main in people. In the present time, this is the Dosha, which is the foremost one. The characteristics of this Dosha are:
- Physically strong
- Bones are heavy and very strong.
- Like food rich in sugar.
- Prone to sinus and chest infection.
- Caring, loving, and forgiving.
- Relaxed in their method.
- Very sharp memory
- Do not like changes in life.
- Slow in decision-making.
- It can work for longer periods.
Knowing the body type and qualities can help one to balance diet and lifestyle. Each body type is unique and should be accepted with its strengths and weakness.
The best way is to learn about doshas is to join an Ayurveda yoga teacher training course in Rishikesh. The trained yoga teachers have profound knowledge about this aspect of diagnosis. Ayuskama in Rishikesh is one of the options with skilled trainers in this field. They will help you develop your life and make it full of joy and happiness.